We share the Vision Statement from the Center for Early Childhood education at Smith College
“It is our Vision that each child who comes through our door joins a community of children, families, and educators engaged in the joy, work, and wonder of childhood.”
We Believe Every Child:
• Is a capable and competent being.
• Is a unique and complex learner.
• Is deserving of an environment that nurtures the whole child.
• Learns through child-initiated, child-directed, educator-supported play.
• Is a social being who learns through the development of relationships and collaboration with peers and adults.
• Is by nature a creative and curious researcher and learns best through hands-on exploration that is relevant to his or her experiences.
• Deserves trust, respect, and meaningful relationships to facilitate confidence and healthy risk-taking.
• Is a subject of rights, a whole citizen from birth, worthy of citizenship in the world.
• Possesses hundreds of languages with which to describe their beliefs and experiences, and with which to express their learning.
Desert Spring Children’s Center is Reggio inspired, State licensed, and a Quality First/First Things First participant